cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

%SYS-3-MOD_PORTINTFINSYNC:Port Interface in sync for Module 7

londint
Level 1
Level 1

I have now been geting this message at 9 pm and 6 am since the module was changed last week. Which means at this times, we loose some network connection.

Please can anyone tell me what is wrong and how I can rectify this. We are running

WS-C6509 Software, Version NmpSW: 6.3(9)

Copyright (c) 1995-2002 by Cisco Systems

NMP S/W compiled on Sep 23 2002, 19:03:06

System Bootstrap Version: 5.3(1)

System Web Interface Version: Engine Version: 5.3

n: 1.6 ADK: 40 and I noticed that the new module has a different Firmware version - Fw : 4.2(0.24)VAI78.

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies 3

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SYS-3-MOD_PORTINTFINSYNC: Port Interface in sync for Module [dec]

Explanation This message confirms that the module booting up has synchronized the onboard ASICs that handle the transfer of packets between the backplane and the network ports. [dec] is the module number.

Action This message is provided for information only.

Do a sh log and see if module 7 is being reset. Also do you see any reset messages from output of "sh logging buffer"?

Thanks. As it is showing a 3 which means critical. is it really informational? Please note that this has been happenig since at least 2ce a day since the module was changed. Shold it still be trying to synchronise?

No I do not see any reset messages, only the message above.

Thanks

donewald
Level 6
Level 6

I would not think this message is the cause of your problem. This message just means the card ASICs have synch'd with the SUP. Most of these I see are from cards that are inserted (might be restarting due to some other problem)

or a High Availability setup that could be causing this. You might run a "show test" to see of this module has had any diagnostics problems.

Here is the message meaning:

SYS-3-MOD_PORTINTFINSYNC: Port Interface in sync

for Module [dec]

Explanation This message confirms that the module booting up has

synchronized the onboard ASICs that handle the transfer of packets

between the backplane and the network ports. [dec] is the module

number.

Action This message is provided for information only.

Hope this helps you,

Don

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: