cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

%SYS-3-MOD_PORTINTFINSYNC:Port Interface in sync for Module 7

londint
Level 1
Level 1

I have now been geting this message at 9 pm and 6 am since the module was changed last week. Which means at this times, we loose some network connection.

Please can anyone tell me what is wrong and how I can rectify this. We are running

WS-C6509 Software, Version NmpSW: 6.3(9)

Copyright (c) 1995-2002 by Cisco Systems

NMP S/W compiled on Sep 23 2002, 19:03:06

System Bootstrap Version: 5.3(1)

System Web Interface Version: Engine Version: 5.3

n: 1.6 ADK: 40 and I noticed that the new module has a different Firmware version - Fw : 4.2(0.24)VAI78.

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies 3

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SYS-3-MOD_PORTINTFINSYNC: Port Interface in sync for Module [dec]

Explanation This message confirms that the module booting up has synchronized the onboard ASICs that handle the transfer of packets between the backplane and the network ports. [dec] is the module number.

Action This message is provided for information only.

Do a sh log and see if module 7 is being reset. Also do you see any reset messages from output of "sh logging buffer"?

Thanks. As it is showing a 3 which means critical. is it really informational? Please note that this has been happenig since at least 2ce a day since the module was changed. Shold it still be trying to synchronise?

No I do not see any reset messages, only the message above.

Thanks

donewald
Level 6
Level 6

I would not think this message is the cause of your problem. This message just means the card ASICs have synch'd with the SUP. Most of these I see are from cards that are inserted (might be restarting due to some other problem)

or a High Availability setup that could be causing this. You might run a "show test" to see of this module has had any diagnostics problems.

Here is the message meaning:

SYS-3-MOD_PORTINTFINSYNC: Port Interface in sync

for Module [dec]

Explanation This message confirms that the module booting up has

synchronized the onboard ASICs that handle the transfer of packets

between the backplane and the network ports. [dec] is the module

number.

Action This message is provided for information only.

Hope this helps you,

Don