Helpful
Replies

%SYS-3-SYS_LCPERR3:Module 5: Coil 3 Port 4: stuck 30 times(30 due to lcol;

sandeep.chugh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have inserted 10/100baseTX 48 port module in

6506 Switch after 24 hrs when i did show logging buffer it is giving log message : %SYS-3-SYS_LCPERR3:Module 5: Coil 3 Port 4: stuck 30 times(30 due to lcol

I have not changed any settings on the port side actually we have a network of 5500 series and 6500 series switches so i emptied two module from existing 5500 series 24 port module and copied its configuration of ports in the 6506 series switch wher

e i have inserted new module 10/100baseTx i.e module

number 5.

Will it effect the Network Permance in any way how to remove the above sys log mesages????

1 Reply 1

konigl
Level 7
Level 7

"%SYS-3-SYS_LCPERR3:Module 5: Coil 3 Port 4 stuck 30 times(30 due to lcol "

Explanation: This message indicates that the module has detected a problem with the port ASIC. The module has detected that a port is locked up. Module 5 is the module reporting the error. Coil 3 is the ASIC number reporting the error. Port 4 is the ASIC port with the error. stuck 30 is the error duration. The last two values are the lcol and notx counts. (Your message is only showing the first one, lcol).

Action: Check the port's physical status for duplex mismatch, out-of-sync network interface cards on the attached workstations, error disable condition, late collisions, or any link level errors. The message does not necessarily indicate a hardware problem. If the error reoccurs, contact your technical support representative.

It looks like all the "stuck" instances are due to "lcol" or late collisions. Late collisions typically result from either a duplex mismatch or excessively long cable runs. My guess is, you've got something plugged in that is set to run in full duplex mode, and that switch port is either set manually to half duplex or set to autodetect speed and/or duplex and is falling back to half duplex because the device at the other end is not negotiating.

Hope this helps.