Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syslog Analysis

Were can i get more information on Advanced features when working with syslog filters. I want to know what patterns are supported when I create Enter a text string used to match substrings in the message description field. Is there a doc with this information?

3 REPLIES

Re: Syslog Analysis

The online help for RME provides information regarding the Advanced options in the syslog message filters.

You can access it by clicking help on the Advanced options screen or at

http://ciscoworks-server:1741/help/syslog/tindex.html?sa_params.html

Sharath Udupa

Bronze

Hello,

under "RME -> administration -> syslog analysis -> define message filter", add a new filter and add a new message, then click on "advanced" button, in the new window, click on "help", it says,

Enter a text string used to match substrings in the message description field. You can use the asterisk character * to represent a text string of zero or more characters. For example, enter *router* to include all messages that contain "router" in their description. Enter router* to include all messages that begin with "router."

Does this help?

Ming

I have seen that information before. It dose not help. I tried to input a string Serial 0/0 and it did not take the entry instead it showed *. Is there a list some ware with all the approved syntax.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content