Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

syslog issue

ok syslog in switches, default logg severity is 4, people want to see config changes which is a sys facility with a severity of 6, so if you change logg serve severity to 6, it works and loggs config changes, but also loggs all pagp level 5 events which is ports deinsserting and reinserting, so i figure if i set logg serve severity to 4 and set logg level sys 4 default this should change sys messages to a severity of 4 and thereby the should be logged, this doesnt work, any ideas?

1 REPLY

Re: syslog issue

Hi,

try

set logging server severity 6

set logging level sys 6 default

set logging level dtp 4 default

or set logging eth 4 default

I'm not sure 100% which logging facility handles PaGP.

Generally

set logging server severity 6 tunes the minimum severity of syslog messages which are sent to syslog server.

But you can additionally tune particular groups of messages (called facilities) by the set logging level ..... x default command.

Use sh logging command to see the list of facilities supported and thier default and current logging level. (The difference between deafult and current: if you omit the "default" option in the set logging level ..... x command, you change only the current value and the logging level will return to the default value after you logout from your session.)

See http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/8_1/config/logging.htm for details. This article is not user friendly, but I don't know any better.

Regards,

Milan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content