cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

System information in Catalyst 4006 with sup engine III with IOS 12.1(EW)

s.kadagathur
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was wondering whether we can see system information like chassis properties like environment, modules present and configured interfaces in one command.

Would there be a event logging mechanism for later viewing like access to the system via telnet with timestamps or any error conditions for example.

I appreciate the thoughts.

6 Replies 6

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Will a "sh tech" help?

bsivasub
Level 4
Level 4

Yes.

show env

show mod

show run or show interface status

you can enable event logging via the usual IOS sysloging configuration.

s.kadagathur
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the help. I think "sh tech" is not a valid command in IOS and also sh run and this may work probably in catos. But we are migrating from Nortel to Cisco at the core and have bought these new line of switches with native IOS and never worked with cisco before. sh env and sh mod works fine. I need to readup the documentation has how to setup syslog to setup event logging. Thanks for all the help. Actually sh tech and sh config works in Nortel Passport series switches which brings up everything from module to configurations like sysup time, what revision of code the module is and is a good diagnostic tool. I appreciate the quick response. Thanks.

sh tech is a valid command in IOS. You need to be in enable mode

Switch#show tech-support

I strongly suggest that you read the documentation and use the command reference below

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/12_1_11/index.htm

s.kadagathur
Level 1
Level 1

I am thankful for enlightening me about these commands. I am sorry that I didn't specify in which mode I was when the command didn't work. Good learning experience. Thanks.