cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T1 PRI w/multiple OSPF areas and dialer watch on remote routers (urgent)

mario.laniel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

we've got a 7206 at the central site with a T1 pri. Int serial2/1:23 is setup as my D channel,and one dialer int. here's how it's configure:

!

controller T1 2/1

framing esf

linecode b8zs

pri-group timeslots 1-24

!

interface Serial2/1:23

no ip address

encapsulation ppp

dialer rotary-group 1

isdn switch-type primary-ni

no cdp enable

ppp authentication chap

!

interface Dialer1

description Profile for area testing backup connections

ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 255.255.255.0

ip broadcast-address xxx.xxx.xxx.255

encapsulation ppp

dialer in-band

dialer enable-timeout 5

dialer map ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx name tigger broadcast

dialer hold-queue 10

dialer-group 1

no peer default ip address

no cdp enable

ppp authentication chap

ppp multilink

!

What I need to do is get more dialer interface for the different OSPF area, but I need a way to tie this to the serial interface and I already have a rotary group defined in there. Is there a way to do sub-interfaces of the d channel, so I could get more rotary group in there? Or anybody has suggestion, remember I'm using dialer watch at the remote site, so I need to keep the dialer map statements.

As you can see this is an urgent matter, if anyone has a litle something that they think could help in any way, they are welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

Mario Laniel

2 Replies 2

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to have more then one rotary-group for a D channel (serial interface)..Also no way that you can use the sub-interface for that.

BUT you can use the dialer -profile..That way you can have more thenone dialer interfaces..You don't have to use the dialer map on the remote/central site in order to get dialer-watch work..You can use the dialer profile at both the places too..

Here is the link which has sample config for that

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/793/access_dial/bri_isdn_11049.html

You can use many dialer interface with "dailer pool x" command to link it with serial interface..

Thanks for the tip. I changed from rotary-group to dialer profiles. Got dialer-watch with no dialer map statement and it works like a charm.

"There are no problems, only solutions". (John Lennon)

Thanks again, your input was greatly appreciated and needed.