Cisco Support Community
Community Member

T1 PRI w/multiple OSPF areas and dialer watch on remote routers (urgent)

Hi all,

we've got a 7206 at the central site with a T1 pri. Int serial2/1:23 is setup as my D channel,and one dialer int. here's how it's configure:

controller T1 2/1

framing esf

linecode b8zs

pri-group timeslots 1-24

interface Serial2/1:23

no ip address

encapsulation ppp

dialer rotary-group 1

isdn switch-type primary-ni

no cdp enable

ppp authentication chap

interface Dialer1

description Profile for area testing backup connections

ip address

ip broadcast-address

encapsulation ppp

dialer in-band

dialer enable-timeout 5

dialer map ip name tigger broadcast

dialer hold-queue 10

dialer-group 1

no peer default ip address

no cdp enable

ppp authentication chap

ppp multilink

What I need to do is get more dialer interface for the different OSPF area, but I need a way to tie this to the serial interface and I already have a rotary group defined in there. Is there a way to do sub-interfaces of the d channel, so I could get more rotary group in there? Or anybody has suggestion, remember I'm using dialer watch at the remote site, so I need to keep the dialer map statements.

As you can see this is an urgent matter, if anyone has a litle something that they think could help in any way, they are welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

Mario Laniel

Cisco Employee

Re: T1 PRI w/multiple OSPF areas and dialer watch on remote rout

There is no way to have more then one rotary-group for a D channel (serial interface)..Also no way that you can use the sub-interface for that.

BUT you can use the dialer -profile..That way you can have more thenone dialer interfaces..You don't have to use the dialer map on the remote/central site in order to get dialer-watch work..You can use the dialer profile at both the places too..

Here is the link which has sample config for that

You can use many dialer interface with "dailer pool x" command to link it with serial interface..

Community Member

Re: T1 PRI w/multiple OSPF areas and dialer watch on remote rout

Thanks for the tip. I changed from rotary-group to dialer profiles. Got dialer-watch with no dialer map statement and it works like a charm.

"There are no problems, only solutions". (John Lennon)

Thanks again, your input was greatly appreciated and needed.

CreatePlease to create content