cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T3 and mrtg

mike-greene
Level 4
Level 4

I am having problems getting a DS3 to show correct bandwidth usage in mrtg 2.9.29. What are you guys setting your MaxBytes to? I've got the MaxBytes set to 5625000, but the graph is only saying there is 1300k going out. When I look at the interface I'm seeing 10 and 11 Mb constant. What am I doing wrong...or am I reading it incorrectly...

Thank in advance....

4 Replies 4

rjackson
Level 5
Level 5

I think the max bytes is only relevent to where it puts the red line when you near the circuit's limit. At 5625000 it will draw that line at 45mbits if the graph scales to the point that 45mbits is in the graph. If you want to compare it to the cisco displays you need to sho int 5 minutes apart and use the difference in the input counts and output byte counts to calculate the utilization.

Your problem may be that you have not picked the correct OID for the interface.

Thanks for the reply...the problem was I did not put this in my cfg file.......

Options[_]: bits

This global command changes the graphs from bytes to bits.

Thanks again...

mmasha
Level 1
Level 1

HI

you should lie to mrtg for this interface that this interface is a ethernet interface :)))by this way..you should change something in your MRTG.CFG .. in the ifType line as you see ,,after i tell to mrtg that this interface is a ethernet interface+++ethernetCsmacd (6)+++.be sure that this will work.

System: Mike-Greene
Maintainer:
Description: T3
ifType: ethernetCsmacd (6)
ifName: T3 1/0
Max Speed: 12.5 MBytes/s
Ip: 10.10.10.10()

NIX TECH.

Isn't that just output to the HTML page? I don't think that does anything to the calculating within MRTG..