cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T3 connectivity for a Cisco 3640

esdouglas
Level 1
Level 1

Is the 3640 unable to support T3 speed? Is that why the T3 module for 3600's are not supported in the 3640? I'm not trying to push T3 speeds over the WAN port, but would like to concentrate multiple Frame Relay (T1) connections. I would like to know if there are other alternatives I could use to, such as media converter that will go from RG-59 to HSSI.

TIA

2 Replies 2

Hello,

there is an earlier thread here which I think deals with the same issue, you might want to check it out:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.ee9a9a4/1#selected_message

Regards,

GP

tbaranski
Level 4
Level 4

A 2621 can do ~40Mbps with full-sized packets. A 3640 should be able to do significantly more. It may not be able to competely saturate a T3 bi-directionally (~90Mbps total), but you certainly shouldn't have any problem aggregating some T1's from a bandwidth perspective.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco