Views
Helpful
Replies

TACACS+ Question

coolboarderguy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

sorry if this is the wrong place for this. TACACS+, where can I get it.? My limited understanding of it, is, it's an application that is installed on a server, and allows management of user access etc.? Correct me please, if I'm wrong. Cheers.

coolboarderguy...

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

As per ur understanding its a seperate S/W installed in linux/unix/solaris systems (coz i have seen it installed over on these servers).

for more info about configuring TACACS and the difference between TACACS and radius do refer this link..

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk642/tsd_technology_support_sub-protocol_home.html

regds

jphilope
Level 3
Level 3

You can find more info on TACACS and RADIUS in the AAA group. Cisco has a product you can run on a Windows box called CiscoSecure Access Control Server (ACS). They provide a 90 day eval version that contains both TACACS and RADIUS systems plus a full management and accounting/audit trail system. You need a CCO logon to download. Price per license is about $1800. You only need a license per server, and two servers is recommended (for redundancy).

Check out the AAA group first.