Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started.

TACACS+ Question

Hi All,

sorry if this is the wrong place for this. TACACS+, where can I get it.? My limited understanding of it, is, it's an application that is installed on a server, and allows management of user access etc.? Correct me please, if I'm wrong. Cheers.

coolboarderguy...

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: TACACS+ Question

Hi

As per ur understanding its a seperate S/W installed in linux/unix/solaris systems (coz i have seen it installed over on these servers).

for more info about configuring TACACS and the difference between TACACS and radius do refer this link..

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk642/tsd_technology_support_sub-protocol_home.html

regds

Re: TACACS+ Question

You can find more info on TACACS and RADIUS in the AAA group. Cisco has a product you can run on a Windows box called CiscoSecure Access Control Server (ACS). They provide a 90 day eval version that contains both TACACS and RADIUS systems plus a full management and accounting/audit trail system. You need a CCO logon to download. Price per license is about $1800. You only need a license per server, and two servers is recommended (for redundancy).

Check out the AAA group first.

Views
Helpful
Replies