cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TCP Load Balancing

kjanakiraman
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cisco 3640 Router and behind that i have four terminal servers. I want the Cisco Router is do a tcp load balancing on roud-robin fashion between these four terminal servers when connecting from systems that are in the other side of the router. I want to do this without implementing NATing on the Router interface. Is this possible? Can some one advice me how should i proceed.

Thanks in Advance

1 Reply 1

Hello,

I don't think the 3640 has such a feature by itself, do you have a switch attached to the router ? If so, you could use the Server Load Balancing IOS feature. If you haven't looked into that yet, check out this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps672/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007f253.html#wp1110581

With this feature, you can define a virtual server which represents a group of real servers in a cluster of network servers known as a server farm. In this environment a client connects to the IP address of the virtual server. When a client initiates a connection to the virtual server, the SLB function chooses a real server for the connection, based on a configured load-balancing algorithm.

HTH,

GP