Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

TCP to X.25 translation stuck problem

We have an application that accesses an X.25 host through a Cisco router doing TCP-to-X.25 translation. Sometimes the application loses connection, but the Cisco thinks it is up and keeps the translation running for very long time without dropping it. How can I clear the translation manually? So far I haven't found any other way but reloading the Cisco. Also, is there a way to prevent this happening at all? There is "idle" option for "translate x25", but not for "translate tcp".

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: TCP to X.25 translation stuck problem

If you are using a PVC, I think the translation entry will always be effective. Check it out with an SVC, and see whether the VC is active even when the connection is dropped.

SVC is active when this happens. The router doesn't know the TCP connection to it is dead.

Hi,

I am encountering the same problem with a connection to an Alcatel switch, telnet sessions are brought up and torn down solely by the tcp translation. Intermittently it will lose connectivity to the Alcatel switch device and 1 VC gets hung in the process. This builds up to the maximum VCs over time and the translation cannot occur any further due to maximum VCs open.

What is the best solution to this problem? a PVC to the switch and translate it through the PVC?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content