Views
Helpful
Replies

Telnet failed from CampusManager 3.2

bernds
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

i have installed CW2K 5th Ed. on Solaris 8 plus CM3.2. On the solaris server i use Netscape 4.75 with plugin 1.3.1-b24. In the topology services window i tried with a right mouse click on a router icon to open a telnet session. But it fails with the message: "Netscape subprocess diagnostics (stdout/stderr): _ne: No such file or directory"

What could be the reason for this? Any ideas?? It is a new installation of solaris8 with the appropriate and recommended patches.

Greetings,

Ben

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

For 5th Ed per:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_d/5steditn/ig_sol/prereq.htm#xtocid3 you need

Netscape Navigator 4.76 (if you are using the desktop on the server system).

For Solaris, use Netscape Navigator downloaded from Sunsite only. Also, plugin required is 1.3.1 only. 1.3.1_xx will not work properly. Lastly, the error message seems to indicate a browser problem than a issue with the application.

Thanks for your suggestion,

now i have updated to Netscape version 4.76. But unfortunately its the behavior as before.

Do anyone have another idea??

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Hey,

finally i solved the problem! Yes!!

I put the path to xterm in the .profile and it worked, jeah!

Bye,

Ben

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: