cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telnet - 'not supported 'in device attribute errors page ??

martin.beaver
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

ciscoworks 2000 5th edition on NT, rme ver 3.4

I have a small number of devices that show a status of 'not supported' in the device attribute errors page of import status for telnet. for example, a 2611 router running 12.1(19). The other attributes such as community strings are ok, any idea what this means as i can manually telnet to the devices ok. i'm using tacacs. i've tried deleting and re-adding the devices, changing device attributes etc but no joy. any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

k.lapczuk
Level 1
Level 1

I have found the solution to my similar problem - it was enough to install IDU 4.0 and everything started to work properly.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Check Device Attributes have lot of bugs if you do a CCO Bug Toolkit Search. If you do an Export to File and verify that the device credentials are correct then it should work.

thanks, that was a good idea. i've checked the attributes in the file and they look fine, exactly the same as other devices which are not erroring out.

i've tried exporting the file, deleting the device and then importing the file back in but no joy. i'll keep working on it..... :)

Hi,

Did you ever get this figured out? I seem to be having similar issues.

Thanks.

i'm afraid not. i exported to csv and checked the attributes but there were no errors i could see. i tried re-importing the text file but still the same. as it's only a handful of devices i've had to find workarounds but it would be nice if this was resolved. so if anyones got any other things to try then i'm all ears!

I have the similar issue on RME 3.4 on Solaris, so I think this is platform independent. I have routers with IOS 12.2.x, but there is no strict rule that some versions aren't supported and some are. Has anyone opened a case in TAC for this issue?

k.lapczuk
Level 1
Level 1

I have found the solution to my similar problem - it was enough to install IDU 4.0 and everything started to work properly.

thanks, updatying to IDU 4.0 has resolved my problem also.