Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Testing router Through put

Hello all,

I have an issue where my end users are complaining about latency issue between two offices. One office, the main one, has a 3640 router and the branch office has a 1720 router. The connection is a T1 that has a meet point between two different vendors, Bellsouth and Alltel. I downloaded a couple of programs to test the through put between the location so that I could try and isolate the problem. The first program was TCCP and it was easy to use but I didn't really agree with it's findings. I was saying the connection between the two was around a quarter of what it should have been. So to confirm this I downloaded Qcheck. This program completely disagreed with TCCP. It should my through put right at T1 speeds. Gathering that it problem wasn't my through-put I'm at a bit of a loss. I know I could set up a sniffer to help identify what might be the problem, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY
Green

Re: Testing router Through put

Never mind...I was gonna suggest Qcheck ... THEN I read the rest of the message...

Cut & paste your interface statistic here. If it's bottleneck problem at the egress ports, it should show up in the port stats.

Some traffic shaping may be in order.

Scott

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content