Views
Helpful
Replies

Testing router Through put

bmckinley
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have an issue where my end users are complaining about latency issue between two offices. One office, the main one, has a 3640 router and the branch office has a 1720 router. The connection is a T1 that has a meet point between two different vendors, Bellsouth and Alltel. I downloaded a couple of programs to test the through put between the location so that I could try and isolate the problem. The first program was TCCP and it was easy to use but I didn't really agree with it's findings. I was saying the connection between the two was around a quarter of what it should have been. So to confirm this I downloaded Qcheck. This program completely disagreed with TCCP. It should my through put right at T1 speeds. Gathering that it problem wasn't my through-put I'm at a bit of a loss. I know I could set up a sniffer to help identify what might be the problem, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

Never mind...I was gonna suggest Qcheck ... THEN I read the rest of the message...

Cut & paste your interface statistic here. If it's bottleneck problem at the egress ports, it should show up in the port stats.

Some traffic shaping may be in order.

Scott