Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

TFTP Image to 6509 switch

I'm trying to TFTP a Cisco IOS image (122.18.SXD6) to a Cat 6509 that is currently running in Hybrid configuration (8.4(5) on the SUP720 and 122.8.SXB10 on the MSFC3) using pumpKIN tftp or 3CS server.

everytime I try to push the image, no matter what TFTP server I use, I am getting a 10054 error (connection reset by peer)... I am using the "latest and greatest" TFTP servers and know that they are able to transfer the amount of information I need them to (I transferred the 75 MB image from my workstation to a laptop using pumpKIN) has anyone ran into this problem?

7 REPLIES

Re: TFTP Image to 6509 switch

Hello Paul,

I have same problem like you.

Could you please use FTP program insead of TFTP?

In my case, There is no issue using FTP.

Actually, i had seen the article on CCO, but i don't remember.

If i find the url i'll update.

Regards,

John

Hi

we did face similar kinda probs getting connection reset while doing/transfering files which are bigger in size using TFTP which we got rid off by shifting the transfer to FTP instead..

would suggest the same to u to try with FTP instead of TFTP.

regds

Hello

Can you please tell me what happens if you pull the image from the server to the 6509? I've never got push/put to work - didn't know you could do it with tftp until I saw it as an option in the 3CServer.

Kind regards,

Michael Blake.

Hi,

Most probably this is an issue with the TFTP server. Try this TFTP server it works great...

http://tftpd32.jounin.net/

regards,

-amit singh

I never did get it to work with TFTP, but FTP was no problem

bug perhaps????

Cisco Employee

Cisco IOS has a 16MB TFTP file size limitation. Please refer to the following Field Notice:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1831/products_field_notice09186a0080094cae.shtml

the thing was I was trying to TFTP the image to a switch with CATOS

is there anything regarding CATOS as far as a size limitation?

Views
Helpful
Replies