cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP Image to 6509 switch

paul.merritt
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to TFTP a Cisco IOS image (122.18.SXD6) to a Cat 6509 that is currently running in Hybrid configuration (8.4(5) on the SUP720 and 122.8.SXB10 on the MSFC3) using pumpKIN tftp or 3CS server.

everytime I try to push the image, no matter what TFTP server I use, I am getting a 10054 error (connection reset by peer)... I am using the "latest and greatest" TFTP servers and know that they are able to transfer the amount of information I need them to (I transferred the 75 MB image from my workstation to a laptop using pumpKIN) has anyone ran into this problem?

7 Replies 7

johnyoon75
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Paul,

I have same problem like you.

Could you please use FTP program insead of TFTP?

In my case, There is no issue using FTP.

Actually, i had seen the article on CCO, but i don't remember.

If i find the url i'll update.

Regards,

John

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

we did face similar kinda probs getting connection reset while doing/transfering files which are bigger in size using TFTP which we got rid off by shifting the transfer to FTP instead..

would suggest the same to u to try with FTP instead of TFTP.

regds

blakem
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Can you please tell me what happens if you pull the image from the server to the 6509? I've never got push/put to work - didn't know you could do it with tftp until I saw it as an option in the 3CServer.

Kind regards,

Michael Blake.

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Most probably this is an issue with the TFTP server. Try this TFTP server it works great...

http://tftpd32.jounin.net/

regards,

-amit singh

I never did get it to work with TFTP, but FTP was no problem

bug perhaps????

Cisco IOS has a 16MB TFTP file size limitation. Please refer to the following Field Notice:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1831/products_field_notice09186a0080094cae.shtml

the thing was I was trying to TFTP the image to a switch with CATOS

is there anything regarding CATOS as far as a size limitation?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: