cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

tftp timeout on 2600 Series Router

wvanandel
Level 1
Level 1

I have encountered a timeout-unknown error when trying to execute the command: "copy running-config tftp" on my 2600 Series router. I've had the same failure from two different tftp servers. These same servers have been used successfully with the same command on my several switches. When running the command on the router it seems to start successfully, and it makes contact with the tftp server, but after a minute or so the conversation times out on both ends leaving an "empty" file of zero bytes on the tftp server. I've tried to check the size of the "running-config" and believe it to be 6,502 bytes, which is well short of the 16 MB limitation for tftp. However I think there are 32 MB of storage available on the router. Is it possible that I am encountering a size problem? I don't have access to an FTP server, or an RCP server, is there another workaround? Thanks for your patience, Wayne

1 Reply 1

deilert
Level 6
Level 6

try this

line vty 0 4

exec-timeout 0 0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: