Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

tftp via console cable

Hi all, is it possible for me to tftp my running config into my router using the console port ?

3 REPLIES

Re: tftp via console cable

Hi

Its not possible for TFTP as its a network layer and above application.To download running-config to router you need utility called xmodem.

(1)Connect the console and access the router through HyperTerminal

(2)Give the command

Router#copy xmodem: running-config

(3)Start the xmodem transfer using Transfer-->send File . There select the file "running-config" in ur PC and select protocol as "xmodem".

This will transfer the "running-config" from PC to "running-config" to router.

Pls rate all posts

Regards

JD

Silver

You can use

copy tftp running-config - but it will merge the current running-config with the new.

It copies the file from tftp server to the router.

bye

FCS

Please rate me if I helped.

hey guys,

I may be sidestepping the issue a bit, but if you are in Rommon mode on the router and you need a faster IOS download than xmodem try this.

rommon 16 > IP_ADDRESS=171.68.171.0

rommon 17 > IP_SUBNET_MASK=255.255.254.0

rommon 18 > DEFAULT_GATEWAY=171.68.170.3

rommon 19 > TFTP_SERVER=171.69.1.129

rommon 20 > TFTP_FILE=c2600-is-mz.113-2.0.3.Q

rommon 21 > tftpdnld

Have you TFTP server open and your host connect to a local lan port & voila, you get TFTP Image transfer speed.

Stephen

========================== http://www.rconfig.com A free, open source network device configuration management tool, customizable to your needs! - Always vote on an answer if you found it helpful
Views
Helpful
Replies