cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

That key is not active here on 7975g=

ciscojoe837
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to edit some settings on the 7975g= phone using SCCP and CME, but I get a greyed out Edit key and when pressed it says "That key is not active here"  How do I activate the Edit key so I can change the settings.  I have unlocked the phone of course. 

For example, I can't Enable VPN under VPN Configuration.  There are many other examples though.  I can do a few things like under IPv4 Configuration I can hit No or Yes to DHCP Enabled.

Any suggestions?

9 Replies 9

saif musa
Level 4
Level 4

In order to troubleshoot this issue follow the below mentioned steps:-

1. Open CallManager Administration page.

2. Go to Device -> Phone and select the affected phone.

3. Go to Phone Configuration Page and  find Settings Access under Product Specific Configuration Layout.

4. Set it as "Enabled".

5. Reset phone

Please rate if its helpfull

I have call manager express 8.6.

Sorry I didn't recognize that, any way what you have to do with your cme router is to enable Feature Access Codes (FAC) with: 

telephony-service 
fac standard

I did that and the VPN Enable key still is still greyed out for example.  Didn't seem to make a difference as far as I can tell.

Hello Ciscojoe,

Choose Settings > Security Configuration > VPN Configuration > VPN.

Set the VPN option to Enabled or Disabled.

If the feature is disabled on Cisco Unified Communications Manager, this option is disabled.

In order to enable Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Advanced Features > VPN > VPN Feature Configuration.

The VPN Feature Configuration Window Displays.

Thanks!

Kunal

I'm using Call Manager Express 8.6 not Call Manager.  The Enable/Disable button is greyed out and doesn't work.  This is what I'm trying to get going.

This discussion has been reposted from Cisco Small Business Support Community to the Other Network Infrastructure Subjects community.

Ciscojoe,

Could you upload your cme router configuration as attachment, that will helps alot.

ljvelazquez
Level 1
Level 1

delete ITL file and try again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: