Cisco Support Community
Community Member

The correct route to an Network Admin

Hello! I am currently a student at Devry for cisco training in network Comm. and I also work tech support for lenovo. Right now I am studying to get my A+ cert so I can get a better paying job as well as study for my CCENT than to my CCNA. My question that I am asking is if this is a good route or should I skip A+ and go for my network certs.

Everyone's tags (4)
Community Member

Hello djinks201If you want to

Hello djinks201

If you want to become Network Admin then there is no need of A+ certification. You can do CCNA, then you have to select in which path do you want to go. There are lot of certifications in Cisco, you can select Routing and Switching, Security, Wireless, VOIP. This will be a good path for you.

Mukesh Kumar
Network Engineer
Spooster IT Services

Hall of Fame Super Gold

In my personal opinion, you

In my personal opinion, you can have any certifications you want but if you can't/don't pass the "practical exam" that we've set up as part of a candidate's interview process then you're out.  

In my present job, I've seen so many candidates applying for jobs with CCNA, CCNP and CCIE "certification".  The very minute we informed them that part of the interview process is a "practical exam" involving configuration of some routers and switches ... these so-called "certified" candidates back out.  

CreatePlease to create content