cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The three layer model

asanes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i work in the operation department of an isp company, i`d like to apply a hierarchical model to our current network and i`d like detailed information in this regard. right now, we have 5 catalyst 5500 switches all connected by trunks that carry all the traffic to and from our custormes to internet, besides our corporate traffic. right now, we are installing two catalyst 6513 switches and i want to keep the traffic from all vlans off this two switches and let this switches just to manage inter-vlan traffic as well as all traffic coming and going to the internet through our international links to transport service providers. So, I need to get all the information necesary to develop my idea using the resources we have now in our network, if you have information regarding the three layer model and how to apply it to my network please let me know... regards,,

1 Reply 1

sknorr
Level 1
Level 1

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/idg4/nd2002.htm

Read the section titled "Using the Hierarchical Design Model"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: