Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

this is a tired topic, but... cable modem help is needed!

It appears that virtually every cisco router I have touched allows for the command IP Address DHCP. That is with the exception of the Cat 5's RSM.

There is no such command, and I would really really really like to use the cat 5k here, with the RSM, as my NAT/DHCP/Internet gateway. I've done the right thing and scanned as much as I could of the TAC resources, and nothing addresses this. I've tried various IOSes (I currently am running 12.2(12), dated Aug 21st 2002, the newest) and the command simply isn't there!

Does anyone have an idea as to how I can pull this off? I could hook up an old 4000 and then do a router-on-a-stick, but the point is getting it all to work in one box. If I have to have the cat5k on anyway since I am using the switch ports, I would really like to use the RSM and not have to plug in some other power hungry component...

As a background, I am using ATTBI as the cable provider, and I do have to have a host name. I know you can set the prompt, of course, on the switch itself, and that I can have the sc0 interface pick up an address via dhcp, but I would still need nat and dhcp and a hostname, (not just the prompt), so I was thinking the RSM could do it all...

any ideas??

Jeff

2 REPLIES

Re: this is a tired topic, but... cable modem help is needed!

Did you try the feature navigator tool?

Re: this is a tired topic, but... cable modem help is needed!

Yes, but the Cat5K RSM is not a selectable platform. At least, it was not when I searched for DHCP Client and Easy IP.

Views
Helpful
Replies