Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Ticker Window in CiscoWorks

Please can you tell me how to update the information on the ticker window on the CiscoWorks.? It is showing as last updated at October 2000.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Blue

Re: Ticker Window in CiscoWorks

This is the URL from where the ticker is updated:

http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/netmgmt/text/cwnews.txt

The DownloadedCcoMsgFile has all the links that you can check:

\CSCOpx\lib\classpath\com\cisco\nm\cmf\servlet\msgdir\DownloadedCcoMsgFile

Putting your own html messages in the ticker:

Within the directory /CSCOpx/lib/classpath/com/Cisco/nm/cmf/servlet/msgdir, there are three files. UserMessageFile is the one you would want to edit

to be able to put your personnal messages into the message window. Use the rules of HTML and you should get what your looking for. You can take a

look at the other two files as reference if needed. Once the changes of additions have been made to UserMessageFile, you must do one of two things to be able to update the changes. Either wait 24 hours for the server to update the directory or manually stop and restart the server. net stop

crmdmgtd -> to stop and net start crmdmgtd ->to start. It'll take a few minutes before the messages will start to appear in the scroll window. Make sure you have all your Proxy setting setup correctly also.

7 REPLIES
Blue

This is the URL from where the ticker is updated:

http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/netmgmt/text/cwnews.txt

The DownloadedCcoMsgFile has all the links that you can check:

\CSCOpx\lib\classpath\com\cisco\nm\cmf\servlet\msgdir\DownloadedCcoMsgFile

Putting your own html messages in the ticker:

Within the directory /CSCOpx/lib/classpath/com/Cisco/nm/cmf/servlet/msgdir, there are three files. UserMessageFile is the one you would want to edit

to be able to put your personnal messages into the message window. Use the rules of HTML and you should get what your looking for. You can take a

look at the other two files as reference if needed. Once the changes of additions have been made to UserMessageFile, you must do one of two things to be able to update the changes. Either wait 24 hours for the server to update the directory or manually stop and restart the server. net stop

crmdmgtd -> to stop and net start crmdmgtd ->to start. It'll take a few minutes before the messages will start to appear in the scroll window. Make sure you have all your Proxy setting setup correctly also.

Thank you so very much. But can I get it to automaticaly download from the internet.

THanks

It downloads automatically from Cisco.com however if you have a proxy in between make sure you configured it on RME -> Administration -> Server Configuration -> Proxy URL. Or maybe you're firewall blocks the internet access.

My CWVMS ticker shows November 2003 CiscoWorks "Ticker Window", and the link you have in your message provides the same information. This being March 2004, I was wondering why my ticker and the file on Cisco's site is still dated November 2003? I will wait a couple days for a response from Cisco before opening a case.

I too am seeing this, and thought it was broken. Based upon info from rmushtaq listed above, it would appear that Cisco simply isn't good at updating this. This is unfortunate given the recent SSL issues with CW, as well as information on newer IDUs, etc.

I had opened a case with Cisco way back in January on this. They did not update their file from November 2003 to May 2004. I sent a nastygram to cisco saying they should update it or remove it. Either way, here we are in June, and it still reads May.

Hi,

What do I do if there is no DownloadedCcoMsgFile? I have UserMessageFile and DefaultCcoMsgFile - which is what gets displayed in my ticker window.

I have checked the proxy settings and they are correct. Do I need to create this file or can I force a download?

Many thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content