cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Timeout alway disconnect my link

peterhw
Level 1
Level 1

Two cisco bridge were connected via a ISDN link .I configed the DDR and dialer timeout to 1mins.However,I found the timer always counting down until it drop the line no matter whether you send the traffic across over it or not.

How to solve it?

4 Replies 4

wvaux
Level 1
Level 1

did you set any interesting traffic filters? if your just pinging that most likely won't keep it up...can you post the config?

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

You need to configure a dialer-group under the DDR interface and a dialer-list globally, else it will timeout all the time at whatever value you gave - unless you use the persistant feature which was introduced in 12.2(4)T.

Example:

interface dialer1

dialer-group 1

dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit

The above makes ALL IP traffic interesting. This traffic will bring up the ISDN/dialer interface and also reset the idle timer. You can configure dialer-list to reference an ACL to narrow down the traffic that would be interesting.

HTH, Erick

Thank you very much.But I forgot to mention that configuration was a one way DDR,I set the dialer list one side only.The question is how can I make the other side timeout work .Actually ,the calling side timeout is working well .

You need to have dialer-group/dialer-list configured on both sides. If you have "dialer list 1 protocol bridge permit" I would guess that the link would never timeout.

If you want it up 24x7 you can use the "dialer persistent" feature in 12.2(4)T.

Josh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: