cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

to check bandwith utilisation

MSHERINE
Level 1
Level 1

how can i check how much bandwith is utilised in my atm links.

5 Replies 5

daniel.bowen
Level 1
Level 1

SolarWinds is a good product for monitoring bandwdith utilisation of Ethernet, FE, GE and ATM interfaces. I do not know of any way that this can be done with switch and router software

Daniel,

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

you would have to purchase it but Netwatch from crannog software is a good package for bandwidth utilization, it gives graphs and percentages accessed via a web browser, we had a full product trial for a month so it might be worth contacting them

shope
Level 1
Level 1

I have used a simple SNMP tool to check bandwidth on routers and switches, Cyberguage from Neon s/w - best thing is that the s/w is very easy to set up and use - all yoou need is SNMP read only access, the IP address and community name, and you get back b/w for each MIB 2 interface.

I have used this with Ethernet, Token Ring, FDDI, serial ISDN and frame relay links, so ATM should also be no problem

Only issue i have had is that the graphs are auto scaled based on the MIB bandwidth reported by the router, so if they are wrong you may have to adjust the settings manually.

There are MAC and windows versions, and you can download a demo copy.

www.neon.com

Good

luck

Stpehen

rmaster
Level 1
Level 1

try out MRTG software, its a freeware.Can be installed on Linux , win 95/98.site is www.mrtg.org

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

http://cricket.sourceforge.net/ is also a free ware like MRTG. Can also try this.