Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

To MAKARAND CHITALE

Thanks a lot your article, I got it, but i am still not sure how to connect internet by 2514.

anyway, just go back a simply question, and i got the answer.

my pc: 192.168.0.3

2514 e0: 10.0.0.1

2514 e1: 192.168.0.8

at first, i can not ping 10.0.0.1 in my pc, but 192.168.0.8

i think the router should not transfer any ethernet broadcast frame, so between 2 ethernet(192.168.0.0 and 10.0.0.0), the 2514 should not response the ping from 192.18.0.3, because it is 2 networks.

but i think, because the router is the router, it should be able to transfer data from 1 net to another, so i try to ping 10.0.0.1 through by many ways, include the easiest way which you told me by set the 192.168.0.3 gateway to 192.168.0.8, but it still doesn't work. and i try use 'bridge group' command to set the router as a transpart bridge and it doesn't work too.

today, i got the answer, i can ping 10.0.0.1 without any configuration, just let the ARP knows the 3 different IP/MACs, that is ok, i can ping anyway.

i want to know, in theory, for 2514, 2 ethernet ports, can i ping the two networks each other without any configruation? if can, that means router can transfer the ethernet broadcast data.

meanwhile, when i set the e1 is 192.168.0.8 and set e0 is 'ip addr dhcp' and i can get the dynamic ip from my pc, the e0 maybe get 192.168.0.7 and the e0 and e1 are in same ethernet, and i can not configurate the e0 manually? why

thanks a lot.

have a great day.

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
4 REPLIES

Re: To MAKARAND CHITALE

hi MAKARAND CHITALE

my 2514 get the IP from ISP, the configuration is same, but just turn off the cable modem for more minutes. i turned off 5 minutes, after that, the E0 get the IP. great.

now i am trying use the PAT or NAT to connect the internet.

thanks anyway, and i cannot ping the 10.0.0.1 again, i pinged through it because i add a static route in win2000 and i forgot that.

Silver

The document that I sent you has good info on NAT/ PAT...I notice that you have been trying for a long time to get this working, can you please open a TAC case so that an engineer can work work with you getting the resolution.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/support/index.html

Thanks, Mak.

thanks,

i don't have CCO username/password

Bronze

If you want to forward me your configuration and network topology along with a description of what you would like to have set up I would be more than happy to help you out.

daniel

dbellazetin@hotmail.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.