cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

To MAKARAND CHITALE

samsam_wang
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks a lot your article, I got it, but i am still not sure how to connect internet by 2514.

anyway, just go back a simply question, and i got the answer.

my pc: 192.168.0.3

2514 e0: 10.0.0.1

2514 e1: 192.168.0.8

at first, i can not ping 10.0.0.1 in my pc, but 192.168.0.8

i think the router should not transfer any ethernet broadcast frame, so between 2 ethernet(192.168.0.0 and 10.0.0.0), the 2514 should not response the ping from 192.18.0.3, because it is 2 networks.

but i think, because the router is the router, it should be able to transfer data from 1 net to another, so i try to ping 10.0.0.1 through by many ways, include the easiest way which you told me by set the 192.168.0.3 gateway to 192.168.0.8, but it still doesn't work. and i try use 'bridge group' command to set the router as a transpart bridge and it doesn't work too.

today, i got the answer, i can ping 10.0.0.1 without any configuration, just let the ARP knows the 3 different IP/MACs, that is ok, i can ping anyway.

i want to know, in theory, for 2514, 2 ethernet ports, can i ping the two networks each other without any configruation? if can, that means router can transfer the ethernet broadcast data.

meanwhile, when i set the e1 is 192.168.0.8 and set e0 is 'ip addr dhcp' and i can get the dynamic ip from my pc, the e0 maybe get 192.168.0.7 and the e0 and e1 are in same ethernet, and i can not configurate the e0 manually? why

thanks a lot.

have a great day.

4 Replies 4

samsam_wang
Level 1
Level 1

hi MAKARAND CHITALE

my 2514 get the IP from ISP, the configuration is same, but just turn off the cable modem for more minutes. i turned off 5 minutes, after that, the E0 get the IP. great.

now i am trying use the PAT or NAT to connect the internet.

thanks anyway, and i cannot ping the 10.0.0.1 again, i pinged through it because i add a static route in win2000 and i forgot that.

The document that I sent you has good info on NAT/ PAT...I notice that you have been trying for a long time to get this working, can you please open a TAC case so that an engineer can work work with you getting the resolution.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/support/index.html

Thanks, Mak.

thanks,

i don't have CCO username/password

If you want to forward me your configuration and network topology along with a description of what you would like to have set up I would be more than happy to help you out.

daniel

dbellazetin@hotmail.com