cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Topology Map - AP Links

medic
Level 1
Level 1

All of my 350 series AP links on the topology map display a 100m segment between the switch and AP. This started after I enabled snmp on the AP's. Prior to enabling snmp, the links appeared as any normal link from a switchport sans the 100m segment. I don't see why enabling snmp might have caused this to happen as the physical connection is made directly from the 6509 to the AP. What could be causing this annoying segment line to appear? I'm using LMS 2.1, CM 3.2. Thanks.

3 Replies 3

medic
Level 1
Level 1

I've actually noticed something since my original post. Under port attributes for a particular AP, it shows the ethernet port speed/duplex as "unknown". I hard code both ends of all the AP's and switches at 100/full. As a test, I moved them to auto, but it had no effect. There's no reason for it to be unknown as other apps such as RME do recognize them as 100/full. It appears that it may be an isolated issue/bug with CM. Any thoughts?

We saw the same, but it disappeared 'by itself'. That is, the APs were rebooted and in Topology Services, I deleted the APs and the device they were connected to and did a rediscovery, and that settled it.

In general, if you fiddle with a connection, often this connection reappears in Topology Services as an Ethernet segment. Deleting the devices at both ends and rediscovering usually gets matters straight again.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I've done just that and it had no effect. With snmp turned off, the device of course shows up as red, but the link is fine. With snmp turned on, I get the segment line. The only thing amiss I can see is that the link duplex is being reported as "unknown". RME and other apps report it as it should be, "full". It is reporting the speed correctly at "100", however. Not sure if this is the cause, but it does seem possible.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: