cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

topology map properties file

awilson3rd
Level 1
Level 1

I need to find the properties file that contains the .exe path for telnet when right clicking on a device in topo map? I have looked in ANIServer.properties but cannot find it. I need to change the default app that is launched when telnet is slected from a right click.

Anyone help?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

If you're accessing CW2K from a client PC, telnet is invoked locally from the client, not from the server.

do you know how that is set within a client?

If you're on Windows then telnet invokes Windows telnet application under the standard location WINNT\system32 folder.

kemahnken
Level 1
Level 1

There are no properties and the execution call is telnet regardless of Unix or windows. Therefore, the first application with the name telnet will be started.

If you're looking to replace classic windows telnet with a more functional version of telnet the easiest thing that generally works is to rename telenet to Wtelnet .ext(or something) and then copy the program you want to use to telnet.exe in the windows\system directory (assumes windows environment).

You could also change the system path to have the directory of the desire telnet application first, ensure there's a copy of the application with the name telnet in the directory, and it is executable in that directory.

It isn't pretty but it works, however, it will make the default telnet whatever the desired version of telnet is. The second strategy is a little easier to maintain, however, there will be some amount of support documentation required.

Thanks for that question, I have another questiong relating to Campus Manager.

Is it possible to set a map as default for all user accounts. In other words there will be many user accounts added, we dont want to have to re-layout the topo map for each user.

TIA