Background: This line is nailed up 24X7 and has been rock solid for a couple of years. Two days ago, it suddenly stopped working.
Attempted corrective action: Went on site and rebooted. Did shut/no shut on interface. Verified that the running configuration hadn't changed. Did a "sh int bri 0" Results as follows: Bri 0 up, up. Bri 0:1 down, down, Bri 0:2 down, down. The green NT 1 lamp does not light. Replaced the patch cord going from the router to the extended Dmarc jack. Still totally unresponsive. Did a "Sh isdn status" which told me that layer 1 was activating, layer 2 was down, and that my Spids weren't valid. At this point I opened a trouble ticket with the telco.
The telco's tech came out this morning, insists that the line tests fine to the Dmarc. I ask if he would please test the extended Dmarc, which he agrees to do. He says it tests fine again, I ask if he would please test all the way through my patch cord to eliminate any possibility of it being a wire issue. He plugs my patch cord into his testing equipment, and it doesn't light any of his test lamps. He concludes that it is a bad patch cord (even though it's brand new and I tested it before installing it) and says he will put one of his own on there. He uses one of his, and it takes a *very* long time to light his test lamps, but they do light, so he insists it is our problem. I ask him if there is any possibility that the line might have been re-provisioned because my hardware reports my spids to be invalid. So he does a spid test. The spids come back exactly as I have them in the router, but spid2 says "in use" on his test equipment. He then does something and gets a dial tone on it. He tells me he doesn't know why it says in use, but that he has dial tone off of both channels so they must be good. He runs the spid discovery check several more times from the Dmarc, the extended Dmarc, and through the patch cord, and the second channel always comes up "in use" but he is always able to get dial tone off of them, and they always test clean from the CO. Below are the results of my "sh isdn status"
wces#sh isdn status
The current ISDN Switchtype = basic-ni1
ISDN BRI0 interface
Layer 1 Status:
Layer 2 Status:
TEI = 255, State = ESTABLISH_AWAITING_TEI
TEI Not Assigned, ces = 1, state = 3(await establishment)
spid1 configured, spid1 NOT sent, spid1 NOT valid
TEI Not Assigned, ces = 2, state = 1(terminal down)
spid2 configured, spid2 NOT sent, spid2 NOT valid
Layer 3 Status:
0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)
Activated dsl 0 CCBs = 2
CCB:callid=0, sapi=0, ces=1, B-chan=0
CCB:callid=8017, sapi=0, ces=1, B-chan=0
Total Allocated ISDN CCBs = 2
I am quite confused as to why it would say my spids are neither valid nor sent, and why does channel 2 say "terminal down"
Once the Layer 1 is active, As you can see that the router reports SPID'd invalid, so something is wrong there about those spid numbers. Here is the link which will help you Troubleshooting invalid spid's
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...