Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Traffic in LAN goes down

I have a Cisco 2621 router between my LAN (with 236 users) and three small routers connected to one ADSL Premium (2 Mbs) connections each one.

Sometimes, on weekends mainly, the traffic in the three lines go down and the users doesn't work, then the only way to restart normal service is reseting the small routers and then the traffic recovers.

I have configurated static routes between the Cisco 2621 and the ADSL routers for balancing the traffic and aggregation.

Also I have a small switch between the Cisco and ADSL routers. May be this the real problem? Can the collissions in the LAN cause the trouble?.

How can I fix which type of switch I need?.

Thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: Traffic in LAN goes down

With the given information, I think the problem lies with the DSL connections, maybe with keep-alives. Your message is not clear whether the LAN goes down or just connection to internet is unavailable.

Regards...Ketan Chaudhari, CCSa, CCNP, MCSE

Re: Traffic in LAN goes down

In order to give you a little more information, I have to say that when the traffic in LAN goes down, the ADSL lines are well and I can confirm this situation because the lights in ADSL routers are OK, and I can send a ping from one of the equipments in LAN and it progress OK.

In the same way, I can't see any alarm with the ADSL connections.

I think if the problem would be in the keep alive it couldn't work anytime. The LAN works well the rest of the time, sometimes during one or two weeks without any trouble.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies