cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Traffic mis match

Hi

My router IN & OUT WAN ports are showing more traffic than the actual utilization atleast by 30%, what might be the problem ? and what is the possible solution for it.

Regards

Ravindra

2 REPLIES

Re: Traffic mis match

Can send some more specific information. How do you know it is showing more traffic - what are you comparing it to? Don't forget about IP and TCP overhead not to mention T-1 framing, etc...

Re: Traffic mis match

The company where i work is an small ISP, to tell u in detail we have 1 Mbps Bandwidth from our service provider, we have around 8 customers for whome we have given the internet service, if i add up total utilisation of all our customers by noting down traffic in their serial ports and adding all our LAN traffic ( i.e by adding all traffic seen from switch ports )

then it is not matching with our total TX and RX Traffic

say if my total utilisation is around 700 kbps,and total traffic seen in our service provider's serial will be around 1 mbps. and my doubt it where is this additional 300 Kbps traffic is coming in ? and it will make our net dead slow.

if u tell me how to see IP and TCP overhead and T1 framing i can update you the same.

Thanks in advance

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content