Views
Helpful
Replies

Traffic Priority in 1750 router

srinivaskvr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello every body,

I am having two different networks on single serial port in one router (1750) . One is global Id network address and another one is local network . I want to configure all my traffic should go through my local network if the local network is working fine. My traffic will go outside through global ID is when and only my local net work is down.

Even both networks are good condition also my traffic should go outside as well as inside the network , through my local network only . Is there any solution in router configuration please help me ..

2 Replies 2

p.krane
Level 3
Level 3

Local and global networks are 2 different entities and you cannot use both of them as one back up for another. The local network is meant to carry any information within the network. But the global network is where only intended data is sent outside. You should be able to access the global network through one of the ISPs. You can access the data from global network but your local information is not sent on the global networks. Only the required public information can be sent out of the local network.

Hope this clears your questions.

yah.. thanque .. your reply,