Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Traffic report on Router's Serial interface

Hi Support

I can view real time traffic on CiscoView's for a router. But how can I generate a 1 wk traffic report on all 14 router's serial interfaces? Pls help, thanks.

Thks & Rgds

Zee

5 REPLIES
sra

Re: Traffic report on Router's Serial interface

MRTG is a pretty good sollution, free too. You can visit www.mrtg.org for more information.

Regards,

Stefan

I'm aware of MRTG, but I want to make use of CW2K LAN / RWAN to monitor all router's leased line in a customisable report format not real time. Is CW2K able to do that?

Thks & Rgds

Zee

Blue

If you have nGenius Real Time Monitor with your CW2K bundle you can use it BUT for routers you must have a Switch Probe connected before you can use RTM since routers only support Alarms and Events

We have CW2k LMS 2.0, RWAN 1.2 bundles but not a switch Probe.

I need to monitor 60 serial links at the moment, more links are needed to be monitored in the near future. I need to produce a weekly report on the traffic used in these serial links. I understand that CiscoView allows me to monitor the serial link in Real Time manner, this doesn't meet our requirement. What other alternative do I have?

TIA

To rephrase my question :

I have 60 access routers (2611) located at remote sites. These 60 access routers are connected back to HQ using point-to-point serial link. I need to monitor only the BANDWIDTH used in these serial link, then produce a weekly report on the bandwidth utilisation. How can I do this in CW2K LMS 2.0 and RWAN 1.2 ? Pls help, thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content