cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Traffic Shaping / Prioritization / QOS ?

jwegrzyn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

We have a 2611 Router currently connected to two 1.5mps frames with an aggregate of 3mbs. There is also one FE port available. I am planning on connecting a WLAN Internet link to this for web traffic while using the current aggregate T1's for SMTP (in / out), HTTPS web hosting, and L2TP VPN service for remote access.

Would this be considered QOS or something different? Any advise or examples on how to achieve this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Josh

jwegrzyn@bigdig.com

2 Replies 2

donewald
Level 6
Level 6

Josh,

Since, it seems, you want to just send your web traffic to a different next-hop (WLAN) this would more be considered Policy based routing. Basically you'd classify traffic that would not take your normal next-hop path (your two t1's) but to direct it elsewhere (WLAN).

Heres a link on how to configure PBR.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1831/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800c60d2.html#23550

Hope this helps,

Don

Don,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I have researched PBR. I understand how to implement it now. In reading it seems PBR can only be static. To clarify what I stated previously, I am planning on using PBR to route all HTTP traffic from RFC 1918 addresses through my wireless ISP that uses public ip's. My next questions are about using Dynamic NAT in conjunction with PBR. I would have my PBR / route map interface also set as the inside local for dynamic NAT. Will this type of configuration work? The wireless ISP will not do the NATing for me!...:-(. I suppose I could place another router in-between to do the NAT function.

Any more advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Joshua Wegrzyn

jwegrzyn@bigdig.com