Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Transmisson Error on FastEthernet

I keep getting "%AMDP2_FE-3-UNDERFLO: FastEthernet0/0 transmit error" message from Cisco2620XM

It's a brand new router. Not being connected to any network yet.

The issue is my router F0/0 line protocol is down when i connect it to a switch. The switch port keep flapping from amber to green.

Could this be hardware issue?

Below is the answer from cisco website when i checked the using "Error Message Decoder"

%AMDP2_FE-3-UNDERFLO: [chars], transmit error

While transmitting a frame, the local buffer of the controller chip received insufficient data because data could not be transferred to the chip fast enough to keep pace with its output rate. Normally, such a problem is temporar y, depending on transient peak loads within the system. The system should recover.

Recommended Action: No action is required.

3 REPLIES
Purple

Re: Transmisson Error on FastEthernet

Duplex mismatch between router and switch ????

I've not yet connect it to the switch. It's brand new router from the box.

Once I boot up the router, the error message keeps coming out on the screen.

Hi Sorry..

Let me make it clearer...

Once boot up the brand new router start giving this error message. Even before i connect it to the switch. After that i tried to connect it to a switch, hoping it will resolve the issue but as i mention earlier the int f0/0 line protocol was down and the switch port keep flapping.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies