cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Transparant VLAN Services

Hi ...

I'am looking into, how to provide Transparent LAN Services, between 4 site, that are interconneced on Layer2, I don´t want to implement MPLS, in my Layer2 core, the services I want to provide is transparant vlan's, Customer1 have connection to site 1 and 3, and the customer want's his vlan's to be totally transparant (I know that Foundry do that)

Foundry attach a secondary vlan tag on the core switch to identify each customer's traffic …

Any one knows how to do that on Cisco Catalyst 6500 switches .

.-/Peter

2 REPLIES

Re: Transparant VLAN Services

Hi Peter,

If foundary does that ...Cisco will surely do it...

You can go for dot1q tunneling option it seems.

Check this link for more details.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/12_1e/swconfig/dot1qtnl.htm

I think this is exactly what you want.

HTH

Ankur

Silver

Re: Transparant VLAN Services

Its very simple.

CS1 = Customer site 1

CS3 = Customer site 3

U-PE = User provider edge

UNI = User Network Interface

NNI -NNI - Network network interafce

CS1 ( trunk) -- ( dot1qtunnel) UNI ( U-PE ) NNI --dot1qtrunk ---- L2 core ---- dot1q trunk ( U-PE) UNI dot1q-tunnel---CS3

Basically what you do is using dot1q tunnels , you can transparently transport all L2 vlans over an 802.1q core.

the customer interface will be an 802.1q trunk. the UPE interface will be a dot1q tunnel which will just encap all customer vlans over to the other site over a dot1q core.

All Cisco switehs dot1q trunking . The switches that support tunneling are 4k , 3750 and 6k . So you will be using one of these switches for UPE.

Thanks

Salman Z.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content