Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble logging in remotely to RTM

I have installed RTM 1.4 with SP 8. I can log in fine when I open the browser from the RTM server, but not from any remote machines. I get the message "Login unsuccessful! Could not access the NetScout Server. Make sure it is running."

The server is running, as I can quickly prove by opening a browser on the server.

Anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: Trouble logging in remotely to RTM

Since you are able to access RTM locally, there is no problem with the RTM server. The issue could be on the remote PC/client from where you are trying to login. Is the browser settings fine. Did you change any settings after which this problem arised.? Check for the java plugin settings in the browser. The Default settings should help.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Since you are able to access RTM locally, there is no problem with the RTM server. The issue could be on the remote PC/client from where you are trying to login. Is the browser settings fine. Did you change any settings after which this problem arised.? Check for the java plugin settings in the browser. The Default settings should help.

Big surprise, the problem was an issue with the Java client. RTM SP8 release notes states that it supports Java client 1.4.1_02; it does on the server, where I didn't have any trouble logging in with that client. However, it didn't on the remote client. When Java 1.3.1_09 was installed on the remote client, I could successfully connect.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content