cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting 2621XM+WIC1DSUT1

ccdagirl
Level 1
Level 1

Our customer's CISCO2621XM is not recognizing their WIC-1DSU-T1 but it will recognize a WIC-1T. The WIC-1DSU-T1 is recognized in the older Non-XM CISCO2621 Router. Any thoughts? Do we need to replace the router or the WIC-1DSU-T1- or is there another option to try?

10 Replies 10

bcbvale
Level 1
Level 1

I've had the same problem with the same WIC purchased through Graybar. It would not work in the 2621-XM but would in other routers. Turned out to be a bad shipment of the WIC's and had to be returned. I suggest your customer have theirs replaced with a WIC that is not from the same distributor.

bcbv

Did your replacement happen to be a WIC-1DSU-T1-V2? Or just the WIC-1DSU-T1?

Thank you for your help!

Gretchen

The replacement was with a WIC-1DSU-T1 from a different distributor that Graybar uses. They told us that there were multiple complaints from customers that had bought the WIC from them that were received from one of their distributors.

In light of the EOL announcement I would try to get the V2 module if at all possible.

bcbv

I'm having an issue with this.

2651XM + WIC-1DSU-T1-V2

Some documentation indicates this is not supported in this model of router. Other documentation leads me to believe it is. Anyone know for sure???

When I try to bring up the T1 is comes up then goes down 10 seconds later with tons of errors on the line and the smartjack is flipping between AMI/B8zs. If I put in the old WIC-1T cards, it works fine.

rlcarr
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, the original WIC-1DSU-T1 is not recognized in the newer XM models. Cisco has released a WIC-1DSU-T1 v2. This newer version works in the XM and non-XM models.

You will need to contact your re-seller to get yours replaced.

Ron

The difference between the WIC v1 and v2 is that the v2 card is a wet T-1 card. Mean that power is provider from the carrier to the WIC module in case of power failure or certain instances. This is so the provider can monitor the line when there are issues.

The v2 card is not supported in some non-XM models, specifically 2600 and 3600.

Is there a way to tell from the router CLI what version of WIC you have installed?

I've only tried from RME on the VMS server to run a detailed hardware report, but that doesn't match the version to the WIC.

rlcarr you may be incorrect.

the newer V2 wic is not recognized in the older 2600 routers. both the original wic-1dsu-t1 and wic-1dsu-t1-v2 work in the 2600xm line.

of course this info may have changed since your post date. knowing cisco they probably mislead on the original notices.

MURF

sspeak
Level 1
Level 1

I have v2 WICs installed in several of my 2651XMs. They work fine as long as you upgrade to a 12.3(?) version of code. They aren't recognized in version 12.2.

the newer V2 cards are supported in 12.2 (26) for the 2600XM platform

MURF

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: