Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Troubleshooting 4003 uplinks

I am troubleshooting a Catalyst 4003 that has been running for 2 years and suddenly lost its connection to the backbone. This switch was acting up a week ago and Cisco suggested updating firmware because they saw no issues on the 19 pages of info they requested. I went up today when the switch went down and had no link lights on the uplinks. I swapped out gigabits because I thought maybe they went bad. I have uplink lights now, but it is still not seeing our backbone switch. Could this be a hardware issue or has anyone had a similar issue?

2 REPLIES

Re: Troubleshooting 4003 uplinks

If really nothing changed it’s probably hardware. It’s likely covered by a Cisco maintenance contract.

Re: Troubleshooting 4003 uplinks

I recently saw something like this on a Catalyst 4006. The Gigabit Ethernet port showed status "connected" with link light on but the other side of the cable showed "not connected". Neither swapping the GBIC or the Gigabit Module solved the problem. Port even showed up when cable was disconnected. Eventually tracked the problem to the supervisor module. Had to replace it to correct the problem. Good luck.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content