Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting ISDN

mulhollandm
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

I have a problematic isdn line which i can't resolve - does anyone know of a good link to a troubleshooting document. I'm using a 1721 with BRI.

I've ran a debug & it shows a host error and bearer capability not available but i'm new to isdn & don't know whether this is normal output

i'd appreciate any advice on how to troubleshoot this

many thanks

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Bearer capability error sounds like you are trying to do something that was not provisoned. Examples would be to receive voice (analog) calls on an isdn line. It is done when you have modems in a ras and are using isdn as a rotary. The line has to be ordered and then provisioned to allow analog calls. Another example is to dial out on a line that is provisioned to receive only (typical on 800 numbers).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Bearer capability error sounds like you are trying to do something that was not provisoned. Examples would be to receive voice (analog) calls on an isdn line. It is done when you have modems in a ras and are using isdn as a rotary. The line has to be ordered and then provisioned to allow analog calls. Another example is to dial out on a line that is provisioned to receive only (typical on 800 numbers).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: