Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Troubleshooting Network Slow Down on Host/Server?

Hi, everybody, newbie here.

Very faint thing here: My friend place his server with an ISP. Recently there is a significant network performance slow down and he reported it to the ISP. The ISP replies that their engineer is actually an amateur-level one and have completely now idea about it. They ask whether my friend have any idea or suggestion on it. But the most troublesome thing is that as he is only leasing the bandwidth and server space while can not access the routers/switches by any mean. Any of experts here can give some idea on what statistics and facts I should collect from the server if I want to help them to predict the potential problem?? Thansk a million!!!

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Troubleshooting Network Slow Down on Host/Server?

Well on a Cisco router, the first thing to get is a 'show tech'. This gives, amongst other things, a display of the CPU usage and the statistics for each interface with the utilisation, packets dropped etc etc.

Re: Troubleshooting Network Slow Down on Host/Server?

Thanks for reply first.

But I think you didn't quite get my question. It is about how to troubleshoot WITHOUT ACCESSIBILITY to router/switch. Of course I know how to use 'show' and 'debug' commands to do troubleshooting, but it's not the dase. I have no way to access ISP's router/switch now.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.