cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

trunk and channel problem

bkaren1278
Level 1
Level 1

i have 2 4507s each with dual sup 4s. I have applied the below configs to them respectively. However, the interfaces both show down and down, any suggestions?

interface Port-channel1

description Connecting both buildings

switchport

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

interface GigabitEthernet1/1

description Connection to building-1

switchport mode trunk

channel-protocol lacp

channel-group 1 mode active

interface GigabitEthernet2/1

description Connection to building-1

switchport mode trunk

channel-protocol lacp

(2nd Switch)

interface Port-channel1

description Connecting both buildings

switchport

switchport mode trunk

interface GigabitEthernet1/1

description Connection to building-2

switchport mode trunk

channel-protocol lacp

interface GigabitEthernet 2/1

description Connection to building-2

switchport mode trunk

channel-protocol lacp

6 Replies 6

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

Looked up the document describing how to do this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804d7817.html#wp1020670

It doesn't look as if you did something wrong but with a partial config that is hard to see;-)

Please follow the guidelines for troubleshooting as depicted. Hope this helps you a bit further.

Regards,

Leo

this document shows giving the port channel an IP, is this necessary, also i need to make sure all vlans go across this trunk..

i've posted the full configs of each catalyst. thanks in adv for your help

I noticed in your configs that there is a difference between both supervisors. The channel is configured on one module, shut on the otehr one. This may point to a redundancy issue. Looked up a URL on that as well:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804d781c.html#wp1113491

Suggest that you check this first and bring your sup4's back in sunc if needed.

Leo

can you please elaborate on this. i do notice that i cannot console through both sups and sometimes when i reload it switches which ones i can console into

The config looks pretty much ok. The other question is do you have link lights between the 2 switches on both ends ? At the very least you should have the physical layer stuff active . Running crossover cables between them ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: