Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Trying to find right IOS Version

Okay, here's the deal: I've got a Cisco 1721 router with a single fastethernet interface connected to the network. However, I'm trying to segment out a piece of the network to provide some measure of security by not allowing one VLAN to another VLAN. I'm attemptiung to do this via subinterfaces. However, I've now been told I have the wrong IOS on my router to do this. Here is the output from my show ver:

Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software

IOS (tm) C1700 Software (C1700-IPBASE-M), Version 12.3(6c), RELEASE SOFTWARE (f)

Copyright (c) 1986-2004 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Tue 20-Jul-04 07:00 by kellythw

Image text-base: 0x80008120, data-base: 0x80C74650

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(7r)XM2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

FV uptime is 1 hour, 7 minutes

System returned to ROM by reload

System image file is "flash:c1700-ipbase-mz.123-6c.bin"

cisco 1721 (MPC860P) processor (revision 0x400) with 55642K/9894K bytes of memo.

Processor board ID FOC09084LE0 (2748776065), with hardware revision 0000

MPC860P processor: part number 5, mask 2

Bridging software.

X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.

1 FastEthernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)

1 Serial network interface(s)

WIC T1-DSU

32K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.

32768K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

Configuration register is 0x2102

Can anyone help me figure out which IOS version I need? The person who told me I have the wrong version said I needed the IP PLUS version, but obviously, there's no IOS image clearly labeled as IP PLUS. Any help would truly be greatly appreciated. Please also let me know if you need more information! These image names are really tough to figure out!

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: Trying to find right IOS Version

Inter-VLAN routing is included in the base version you have:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/routers/ps221/products_data_sheet09186a00800920ec.html

The Cisco 1721 router is shipped with the base Cisco IOS feature sets supporting IP routing and standards such as Network Address Translation (NAT), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), RADIUS, Remote Monitoring (RMON), VLAN routing, basic QoS feature (Weighted Fair Queing), and Next Hop Resolution Protocol [NHRP]).

Cisco IOS IP Plus feature sets contain L2TP, L2F, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), IP multicast, Frame Relay switched virtual circuit (SVC), RSVP, PPP over Ethernet client, NetFlow, the Netware Link Services Protocol (NLSP), Simple Multicast Routing Protocol (SMRP), the Web Cache Control Protocol (WCCP), and the Network Timing Protocol (NTP). In addition, enhanced QoS features are also supported (LLQ, FRTS, RSVP, CEF, WRED, DiffServ, MLPP with LFI).

Please rate helpful posts.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content