cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Trying to interconnect Catalyst 3750 with cwdm sfp module

hi,

I try to interconnect 2 Catalyst 3750 switch use cwdm sfp fiber module.

If just plug in, there is no link between 2 switchs.

What's the procedure to make this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Trying to interconnect Catalyst 3750 with cwdm sfp module

you have 2 options with CWDM at the moment. the first option is to use any or all to the 8 wavelenght SFPs: CWDM-SFP-1470= (gray) thru CWDM-SFP-1610= (brown)

with passive multiplexers (MUX) as described here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps5455/products_data_sheet09186a00801a557c.html

or

In the off chance you have only a single strand of fiber available, you would choose:

1000BASE-BX10-D AND 1000BASE-BX10-U SFP FOR SINGLE-FIBER BIDIRECTIONAL APPLICATIONS

as described here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps5455/products_data_sheet0900aecd8033f885.html

Overall, CWDM is a cost effective method of building a Metro-Ethernet LAN / SAN by providing a single pair of single mode fiber the ability to support 8 wavelengths. You can mix and match these wavelengths with 1Gb Ethernet or 2Gb FiberChannel as needed.

rate if helpful

thanks,

Community Member

If i understand your response, i must to use one of these exactly references to interconnect my switch.

I would like to know what parameters to assign at the gigabit ethernet port where is plug th SFP module.

I hope you understand my approximately english!

Thanks a lot for your council.

Best regards

Community Member

There is no special configuration required on the switch. It will recognize the CWDM SFP as a supported transceiver and the interface will look as follows:

GigabitEthernet0/49 is up, line protocol is up (connected)

Full-duplex, 1000Mb/s, link type is auto, media type is CWDM-1510 SFP

Follow the diagrams and use the Multiplexers (MUXs) where necessary.

Sincerely,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content