cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TTCP - Throughput Analysis Tool

Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I'm looking for a technical expertise on "ttcp" un- documented command. Is this tool realiable enough to validate line rate of high-speed circuit at turn-up period.

Ex :

I order a 30 Meg (full-Duplex) circuit from a provider ATM cloud. What throughput or wire rate I should be expecting (Wire rate from access site to provider backbone; router to router link).

Thx,

Abe.

2 Replies 2

ssoberlik
Level 4
Level 4

Check this link for TTCP toll

Using Test TCP (TTCP) to Test Throughput

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094694.shtml

Again thanks muchly for your response. Just a little clarification about my question : Sniffer and traffic generator are solutions that we're investigating as well.

The circuit we're about to test are not in production yet, they will be in the turn-up stage and looking into this tool I was in the impression it will do the trick with few parameters calibration; such as nbuffers, buffer length, receiver

windows adjustment etc.

Data travels via tcp/p over ATM : with an estimated 13 % overhead (3% for

TCP/IP & 10 % ATM) to be strip off the total throughput.

Is there any rule of thumb to use "TTCP" with appropriate options setting ?

Ciao.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: